Potato–Herbs de Provence Soup with Buttered Leeks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 medium leeks (about 2 lbs.), washed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 4 lb potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 cup whole milk
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large soup pot, heat the butter over high heat until it foams. Turn heat to low, add the leeks, and sauté for 10 minutes, or until golden. Add the salt, sugar, and herbs and sauté 5 minutes longer. Add the potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender. Purée the soup and return to the pot.
- Add the milk and bring to a gentle boil. Simmer 10 minutes and serve, garnished with sliced scallions.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.