Lamb Roast with Herbs de Provence Crust
- 6 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1-1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Herbs de Provence
- 1-1/2 Tbsp
- 2 lb boneless lamb roast, trimmed of excess fat and tied
- The herbal crust on this savory roast enhances both the succulent lamb and the steamed winter vegetables that accompany it. The crust would complement pork as well.
- Place the mustard, soy, garlic, and herbs in a blender or food processor. With the machine running, gradually add the oil. Coat the entire surface of the roast with the mustard mixture. Cover carefully and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Place the lamb on a rack set on a tray in an oven preheated to 400°F. Immediately turn the heat down to 350° and roast 1 hour (for medium rare) to 1 hour and 15 minutes (for medium). If using a meat thermometer, roast until it reads 140°F for medium rare or 150°F for medium. Do not overcook. Allow the lamb to rest 15 minutes on a heated platter before carving.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.