Makes 6 Cups
- 1-1/2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Blend
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 cups white onions, very thinly slices (approx. 3 med.)
- Combine the vinegar and salt, and stir until the salt is dissolved. Add the sugar, dill blend and water, and mix well.
- Put the onions in a large, nonmetal container with a lid and pour the liquid mixture over them. Stir the onions around in the liquid, pressing them down hard until they are all well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Each 1/4-cup serving contains approximately: 33 calories, negligible fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 268 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber.
- Dilled Onions will keep for weeks in the refrigerator, and the flavor will continue to improve. Serve them with cold meat, fish and poultry dishes. They also are good in salads and are a wonderful condiment to have in the refrigerator to add to summer plates of all types.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.