Beef Bourguignon with Herbs Fines
- 4 lb beef chuck steak, cut in to 1-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut in 1/2-in slices
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 sweet onions, chopped
- 2 13-1/2 oz. cans beef broth
- 2 cup dry red wine
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 tsp Fines Herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb fresh button mushrooms, quartered if large
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- Brown beef cubes on all sides in 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet. Pour beef and the drippings into a crockpot. Add the carrots, chopped onions, chopped garlic, beef broth, wine, tomato paste, Herbs Fines, salt and pepper, and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Remove lid and skim excess fat from surface. Turn to high setting. Cover and allow to boil lightly.
- In a bowl, mix flour and 1/4 cup butter until creamy. Add to stew and sir until it is well blended and the stew thickens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with boiled potatoes, noodles or rice.
2015 © Copyright Thymely Herbals. All rights reserved.